Saturday, February 13, 2010

2010...a little late for Happy New Years but...

I can't believe I've begun my final year of university. The journey has been amazing. I intend to end it with first class Honors (fingers crossed). That's the perfectionist in me talking...ha! I was thrilled to receive the Tony Cotton Memorial award for my research essay last year. It is awarded to the graduate carrying out research on British history. That same research will be published in the annual history department journal. I guess that explains why I want to finish my degree with a bang!

I'm looking forward to being able to get back to creative designs in Irish crochet, Romanian Point Lace, and tatting!! I've began a couple of designs: an RPL butterfly which I hope to upload in the coming weeks, and a tatted heart, which I had hoped to have finished in time for Valentines but unable to spend enough time to finish it. I've had many ideas growing in my mind over the past 5 years and it will be nice to realize them.

I'm still waiting for a design to be published in Annie's Favorite Crochet. I've been paid for it so I can't show the design. It is a baby bonnet and booties in Bruges crochet. I'm extremely annoyed that it has been kept this long without being published. First, I would like to have it back since it is an heirloom piece. Secondly, I find it unprofessional to buy a designer's work and give me the date and issue it is to appear in and then it not appearing there! There is no telling where it is at the moment. I wonder if it is buried under a pile of other projects that haven't been published yet?

I hope 2010 will be prosperous and full of happiness for everyone! My New Year resolutions is to make all birthday cards with a piece of lace and mail them on time this year. Believe me, that is a challenge to fulfill. If I can do that, I will consider it a major accomplishment!

No comments: