Saturday, March 8, 2008

The End of Summer

It has been a while since I last posted. Summer was busy, which meant I had no time for designing and very little time for other needle work. I did manage to finish a cross stitch that I had put away 3 years ago. I also nearly completed a hussif I began 4 years ago. Well, that is not entirely true; I still have to make the button loops and embroider some stems for the roses. Funny thing is, it only took my a few hours to finish the main part of it. I should have finished it 4 years ago!!!

Okay...remember when I said I was going to lose all that weight. Well, I did lose some (pat myself of the back), but not nearly as much as I had hoped. Still, I feel GREAT!!! Ladies...if you are at all like me and sit around the house working on crochet or tatting, or any other type of needle work (i'm not like that now, but I use to be), a treadmill is the answer to your added calories. I think investing in a good treadmill is probably one of the best decisions I made for my health. I am more fit and less stressed!

It was because of me becoming more fit that I was able to hike this summer up the summit of Rangitoto, a volcano, and walk up the island of Tiri Tiri Mantangi, a bird sanctuary. I had a fantastic adventure!!! Had I not been on that treadmill, no way would I have been able to do all that.

Rangitoto from the ferry. We were getting close to the island in this image. A ferry ride is the only way to get there! There is no drining water. You have to bring your own. And when you walk on the trail, it sounds as though you are walking on glass. The volcanic pebles are hollow...both eerie and cool!

Pohutukawa: A native bush/tree of N.Z. This is one of my favorite trees in N.Z. During the summer, Rangitoto island is a hue of red from a distance. All those Pohutukawa trees!!!

View of Auckland City from the summit. If you look on the left...that is downtown Auckland. Do you see the spikey object in the photo? That is the sky tower. Google and check it out ;)

3 comments:

Aim said...

Wow, those are some incredible photos! Way to go, getting into shape like that ahead of time :)

I love your blog. I linked to you....

Mindy said...

Hi Aim,

Thanks! That was one of my most enjoyable summers. I'm still working out on the treadmill too!

Mindy

Mindy said...

Hi Aim,

Thanks! That was one of my most enjoyable summers. I'm still working out on the treadmill too!

Mindy