Thursday, November 29, 2007

Mourning Sea Bracelet

As you can see, the bracelet is in the making. There is much work to be done. I've decided the center is fine. I am working on the pattern for it at the moment. The beads are not crocheted into the work, but are added later. The same is true for the Irish crochet rings; however I am trying to make the rings so that you will have a double thread to add the beads with. The less ends to hide, the better.
* * * * *
I found 2 threads are best for beading, otherwise the bead work will not sit on top of the crochet stitches. Plus, I think it gives me more choices. The ring location is not definite at the moment. I don't think the bead count is right. Still, it would probably work anyway since it is a bracelet. We'll see!
* * * * *
The background is not great in this image, but I kept getting a glare when I put it on a preferred background.

2 comments:

Louise HIll said...

Hi Mindy,

I found your blog by accident and what good luck for me. I love the bracelet idea of beadwork and crochet. It is beautiful!!

I can't wait to see it finished.
Louise

Mindy said...

Hi Louise :)

I'm glad you did because it gave me the opportunity to view your lovely work.

Thanks!