Thursday, November 15, 2007

A Calligrapher Wanna Be

I am one of those people who LOVE to write beautifully, even if I can't. I would spend a lot of time making my handwriting look nice when I was school. I think part of that has to do with the creative side of me. I could never draw, but I did have nice penmanship (at least I thought).

It's funny how my brother could draw beautifully but had the worse handwriting. I don't know why that is. I pitied his teachers. You would think his handwriting to be flawless. I think it might be a male/female thing?

Anyway, I bought a book a while back in preparation for summer. I started the night before last and am really excited about it. If you have ever seen illuminated manuscripts...you'll know why. I can actually visualize myself spending hours forming letters and decorating a page.

I'll post my work as I progress.

No comments: