Sunday, April 8, 2007

New Pendant Design...Needs Work

We are on our 2 week semester break, so I've been designing...Yippee!!! This is a pendant...needs work though. I like the center: Mother of Pearl disc, encased by a round plastic ring, Clones knots (of course), and beading, which I think is a bit off.
I DO NOT like the beading between the filigree petals...YIKES!! In fact, I might change the filigree altogether and perhaps go with another Irish crochet concept. Eyelet loops? Perhaps. I'm also considering another type of petal. I just know for sure that I don't like the beading.
I was aiming for a traditional Irish crochet background design in beading, but needless to say, it isn't working in this design. I also used a #20 thread, which I don't like to use for Irish crochet, but with this design, I think it works. It took time to crochet around the ring with a #20. I can't image a #40!!!
Yes, I do like the center. Hmmm, I wonder if I should just bead around the Clones knots and leave it at that?
To be cont...

3 comments:

teri dusenbury aka tatbit said...

Wow! That is some tight crochet. I know how small those disks/discs are. I like the center beading too. Maybe, the bead count between the filigree petals should be 5, 5, 7, 7 or 5, 5, 5, 7?

Riohnna said...

Wow,,,,,very beautiful work!

Mindy said...

Yep Teri...I agree. The outer row should be 7 beads. I just wasn't impressed with the look of the beading in this design, especially as a pendant. Too big, too bulky. I think it would look really pretty as a small purse though, but with different beads. Maybe the delica antique matte metallic?

Thanks Riohnna :)