Sunday, February 25, 2007

IC Fish Design Completed

Irish Crochet Fish 2007

I finished the fish design yesterday and have the instructions ready, but my Frontpage software has been deleted and I don't have my pdf software installed on this computer yet...good grief! This is my version of the fish I imitated and added to my blog last week. It is very different from the fish design I have a photocopy of. Certainly more fish-like.

I thought I would put the photo of it up anyway as a sneak preview. I'm happy with the result. It's worked in #40 thread and Kreinik metallic thread. It measures 4.5cm from tip of nose to tip of tail. The pattern does indicate where one could use the padding cord which is used in Irish crochet, but it is an option only and not necessary. This way the pattern is not restricted to Irish crochet lacemakers. I also didn't explain how I added the bead for the eye. That would have to be diagrammed and I don't have the time right now. The eye can be sewed or crocheted it in the work.

I'll post when the pattern is uploaded.

2 comments:

teri dusenbury aka tatbit said...

Love IT! I'm a mermaid girl and I will be making me a necklace when you post the pattern. Thanks for bringing me back to crochet!

Mindy said...

Enjoy the pattern Teri. The little fishy would look so adorable with beading and hanging from its lips...lol