Friday, February 9, 2007

Bridal Garter


Bridal Garter

This is my current project. I've nearly finished it. It's funny how sometimes when you see the finished line, you take a detour...so annoying!!!

The photo shows the first garter I tatted which I designed in 2004 for my cousin's best friend. I named it 'Two Hearts Joined'. The second photo is a closer look. Do you see the heart rings? I made those using the Josephine knot. I used #30 Coats Mercer thread (great for tatting and crochet). I basted the ribbon in place with French knots of gold metallic thread. I also made a casing with 2 ribbons (the back ribbon is finer than the blue) so that I can simply slide the elastic in the casing, which gave it a nice even effect.

Now that I am tatting this garter for a 2nd time, I think there needs to be adjustments in the stitch count where the beading is. However since the garter is going to be gathered, I wasn't concerned about it this time around. Perhaps it doesn't even need an adjustment. Maybe it's just my 'perfectionist' side (which I'm beginning to view as my enemy now) that's toying with me.

I am tatting this garter for my cousin who is getting married this year. She is the last of the grandchildren to be married. Well, I guess the time has come for the great grandchildren to step up to the 'wedding vows' plate.

I know this garter would be so much prettier with beads, but that would have to be the next time a family member is married.

* * *

This pattern will be available soon!

4 comments:

Kerry Crochets said...

How beautiful!

Teresa said...

just wondering when the garter pattern will be available!

thanks

Mindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mindy said...

Thanks Kerry :)

I'm flattered you like the garter. My cousin loved it!

Hi Teresa :)

If you look to the right of my blog under the catagory of 'Patterns', I've added the link. Enjoy!!