Monday, February 5, 2007

The Ali Victoria Bracelet

Ali Victoria Braclet 2007
* * *
I always spray my Irish crochet with water once completed; it's still a little damp. When sprayed, Irish crochet 'shrinks and pops' to reveal all its detail. Isn't that neat!
* * *
This design is a combination of Irish crochet (Clones knots), tatting, and finger knotting with beads. Overall, I'm pleased with the design. I would use a darker color for ladies. Darker colors are more striking. Since this is for a 12 year old, I chose pink. I would have preferred to use slightly smaller beads to replace the larger beads in the band, but this was what I had to work with. I'll experiment with different beads another time.

6 comments:

teri dusenbury aka tatbit said...

Beautiful!

Mindy said...

Thanks Teri! Your awesome talent inspires me :)

Ferosa Harold said...

Mindy your bracelet is to die for girlfriend. Another work of art. I know your niece will love her gift.
Hugs
Ferosa

Gina said...

This is lovely! I don't generally wear bracelets but love to look at them!
:-) Gina

Mindy said...

Thanks Ferosa
I’m flattered you like it! You know me…I like to designs things that are small and quick to make.

Mindy said...

Hi Gina

I’m glad you like it. I don’t normally wear bracelets either, but lately I have taken an interest in them. I really do like to make wearable art. Clothes are not my repertoire.