Friday, January 26, 2007

First Tatted Project I Made (1998?)

I can't describe my jubilee when I accomplished 'the flip' for the first time. I was all over the house, room to room, celebrating that 'I did it!!' moment. Nevermind that no one was home but me.

Needless to say I was ready to take on my first project and here it is - a doily. Yes, I'm a glutten for punishment...always bite off more than I can chew...set sail in a ship that has holes...travel the desert without water...that's me!

This doily is actually a combination of 2 designs. There is a center doily, a ring of cloth, and then a collar pattern that I knew would join nicely into a circle. I think I completed it in 1998, but my memory is not that great...so don't quote me on it. I gave this doily to my mother. She is proud as am I :).

No comments: